Many retirees, however, are much more dependent on Social Security to make ends meet.
When and how one files for Social Security is important.
It could have a direct impact on how everyday expenses are covered for the rest of one’s life. For the most part, too, the decision is permanent.
To help those approaching retirement to better navigate the Social Security environment, Graham Savings and Corner Post Financial Planning are hosting free workshops in Graham and Breckenridge.
Times and locations will be:
• Graham workshop: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9, at North Central Texas College, Room B-1, 928 Cherry St. RSVP to 940-549-2066
• Breckenridge workshop: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 11, at Texas State Technical College, Room 103, 307 N. Breckenridge Ave. RSVP to 940-559-8286
Presenter John R. Berry, a certified financial planner and owner of Corner Post Financial Planning, will cover such topics as:
• How Social Security benefits work.
• When and how to start receiving benefits.
• Strategies for married couples.
• Opportunities to increase benefits.
The program is free, but, due to space limitations reservations are required.
Light refreshments will be served.
Anyone who has not filed for Social Security benefits is encouraged to attend.
Investment Centers of America Inc., member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor, is not affiliated with Corner Post Financial Planning or Graham Savings. Securities, advisory services and insurance products offered through ICA and affiliated insurance agencies are not insured by FDIC or any other federal government agency.