“These are recognized artists in our area,” said Bob McCormick, one of the event's organizers. “And they're willing to provide seminars and workshops for local clubs.”
This year's Best of Show was presented to Bonnie Siebert, Graham Art Guild, for her painting, “In Love with the Night.”
In announcing the awards, McCormick said noted artist and judge of this year's show Donna Howell-Sickles was torn between Siebert's painting and one entered by relatively new artist JR Cook, “Dirt Road on a Late Afternoon.
” His painting received an honorable mention.
“They were so close,” McCormick said.
Receiving honorable mentions were:
• Beth Pritchard, Graham Art Guild, “Still Life 1.”
• Elaine Gary, Graham Art Guild, “Over the Gate.”
• Kathleen Cunning, Weatherford Art Association, “Blue Pontiac.”
• Vonnie Kohn, Weatherford Art Association, “Vandimia.”
• Carrol Richardson, Weatherford Art Association, “Hello Friend.”
• Jack Eidson Jr., Weatherford Art Association, “Desert Floor.”
• Karak Boone, Weatherford Art Association, “World War II Props.”
• Novaline Keifer, San Angelo Art Club, “Honey Bee.”
• Mary Kollmyer, San Angelo Art Club, “Floral Explosion.”
Artists at large, who displayed their work but did not compete, included McCormick, Katherine Gordon Rice, Ann Hardy, Randy Meador and Kay Franklin.
McCormick said there were 21 pieces submitted by artists at large, 50 from the Weatherford association, 20 from Graham, seven from San Angelo, 11 from Hamilton, 17 from Mineral Wells and three from the West Texas Art Association.
The show continues through Saturday. Hours will be 2 p.m.-4 p.m. today, Friday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
The event is open to everyone, and there is no admission fee.
For additional information, call the PK chamber at 940-779-2424, 866-779-8330, or online, www.artedelosbrazos.com.