The schedule for the event is:
• 1:30-5:30 p.m., training dives.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m., women’s training dives.
• 2:30-3:15 p.m., women’s rounds one and two.
• 3:30-4 p.m., men’s warm-up dives.
• 4-4:30 p.m., men’s seeding round.
• 4:30-5:30 p.m., men’s and women’s training
• 1:45-2 p.m., women’s warm-up dives.
• 2:25 p.m., women’s introductions.
• 2:30-2:50 p.m., women’s final round.
• 3-3:20 p.m., men’s warm-up dives..
• 3:30 p.m., men’s introductions.
• 3:40 p.m., men’s round two (head-to-head).
• 4:10 p.m., men’s round three (head-to-head).
• 4:45 p.m., men’s final (top eight).
• 5:10 p.m., men’s and women’s awards ceremony.
The only way to view the contest will be from the water inside Hell’s Gate. There will be specific areas for boats. BRA lake rangers will be at the location to help boaters find a place. In addition, organizers and BRA remind those attending to:
• Follow all posted signage and maps.
• Be courteous and respect all working personal on site.
• Do not play music while competition diving is taking place.
• Devils Island is closed to the public, treat it as private property, trespassers will be prosecuted.
• Observe all closed event areas.
• Anchor boats in appropriate zones for boat size.
The neighborhoods surrounding Hell’s Gate Cove (Gaines Bend and Sportsman’s World) are private property. Do not disembark at any time inside Hell’s Gate. All land is private property, trespassers will be prosecuted.
PK Lake Manager Mike Iltis said that this event has been in the works since 2013.
“It’s been in the planning phases for over a year,” Iltis said. “This is the biggest thing along this scope of activity that we’ve seen.”
Iltis added that the next largest event in recent memory for the area has been the Trifecta Triathlon that has been hosted at Possum Kingdom Lake since 2012.
This is the second stop in the Red Bull series.
For those who miss the event, it will be broadcast at 7:30 p.m. Monday, July 14, on Fox Sports 1.