A portion of this property is where Park Road 36 is now located. Sept. 14, 1940: 6,969.73 acres (including the portion of property where Park Road 36 was subsequently located) was conveyed by BRA to the State Parks Board in consideration for the parks board clearing the lake basin on the 6,969.73 acres of standing timber between elevation 950 and 1,000 MSL and utilizing the property for state park purposes. 1945 or 1947: The Texas Highway Department executed a Minute Order extending Park Road 36. It is our understanding that this Minute Order placed Park Road 36 in the State Highway System. The land where Park Road 36 was located was in the possession of the State Parks Board at this time. Jan. 29, 1953: In a judgment rendered in Cause No. 17622, BRA repossessed from the State Parks Board the 6,969.73 acres (including where Park Road 36 is now located) it previously conveyed to the State Parks Board for failure to not clear the property of standing timber between elevation 950 and 1,000 before the lake filled and not utilizing it for park purposes. Oct. 30, 1964: In response to a request from the Texas Highway Department to expand, reconstruct and relocate portions of Park Road 36 located on BRA property, BRA granted the Texas Highway Department an easement to accomplish these tasks. It is our understanding that the Texas Highway Department never proceeded with the relocation portion of this work. Park Road 36 was in existence at this time. Galindo also said BRA likely paid for the construction of Park Road 36. "BRA does not believe this to be true, as BRA has no records indicating that BRA paid for or requested construction of Park Road 36," Pierce emphasized. "In fact, as far as we can ascertain, Park Road 36 was constructed while the land it occupies was owned by the State Parks Board."