• Taylor Nemeth qualified for state in triple jump event, coming in second place, with 35 feet, 6 1/2 inches. Nemeth also qualified in the 200 meters sprint relay, along with team members and qualifiers Madison Lasater, Lilly Motley and Caylin Edwards.
• Kyle Moore made it to finals in both the 110-meter hurdles and the 300-meter hurdles events. Moore placed third in the 300-meter hurdles event, with a time of 41.52.
• Colton Edwards placed fourth in the high jump event, with 6 feet, 2 inches.
• Jacob Masters placed third in discus, earning a bronze medal, with 149 feet, 5 inches; and fifth in shot put, with 46 feet, 5 inches.
• Dylan Swinney qualified in the 200-meter race.
• Kolton Erwin qualified in the mile run.
• Trey Graham qualified in the 800-meter run.
“We had four athletes make it to finals in six different events,” noted coach Amber Laursen. “Taylor Nemeth was state qualifier in the triple jump, and we are very proud of everyone.”
State competition will be held in Austin Friday and Saturday, May 9-10.